Thursday, August 11, 2011

The 36th Week

The 36th week and Ne is going strong.  I am very impressed with her 'cause for someone carry two....she hasn't complained too much.  Her pain tolerance must be high.  Men are weak....yeah...I said it....men are weak.  When it comes to pain, the worst we might have to go thru is what...  a rectal exam....a colonoscopy here and there.....but for women...

"Time to check your cervix.....(4 fingers in.)"
"Time to check the length of your cervix.....(alien probe inserts)
"Time to inject the epidural now in your spine....(all 3 inches of it)
"Time to start the C-section....(incision starts and out pops a baby)

And not the mention the monthly vistor females have as well. 

Now before I lose all my male readers, men face a different pain, and it's daily.  The pain of hearing how we don't get anything done.   How we're always wrong.  How our methods and judgements are wrong.  Wrong in a way we don't even understand.  No wonder we have man caves. We need to take shelter.  The mind games, mind reading is just way too painful for us.   Just as I am writing this, from across the room I hear...."When are you going to do these dishes?  I've done it twice today.  You never do them..." Of course none of it is true but it all falls on deaf ears.  Moments later, "...when the girls come....you better do as I say and get them done..."   You see, men work in simple binary logic.   It's either black, or white, not grey.  The answer is either yes or no.  The solution to a problem will be worked out on his terms only which includes at what time.  His solution is the only one, until all else fails, then will he consider alternate solutions from the opposite sex.  That's just the way it is, I don't know why, but it is.

So what does this have to do with the 36th week?  I seriously forgot.  All I know is the days are numbered.  In 7 days, we will reach full term.  No babies in 7 days, no problem, light that fire and smoke 'em out.  Forms for induction also have been sent to the hospital already. Our Leo babies, actually may turn out to be Virgo babies. In any case, it will be a blessing and the ride of our lives.  As one friend put it, " it was the worst month of my life....and that was with one....."  But it's going to be all worth it I say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment