Tuesday, August 9, 2011

THE WAITING GAME – from the mama’s view

So here I am almost @ 36 weeks preggos (2 more days) J.  Funny though I thought I would never get here.  It was always my goal to get to 36 weeks with my twin girls... but I know other twin moms that made it to 34 or 35 weeks... and on average twins come btw 34 – 35 weeks.  So we feel very blessed to have made it to our goal. 

Now... the problem is I’m thinking, “Will they ever come?”  Last week I saw my OB for a check up but she also did a cervix examination... and let me tell you... not fun @ all.  She did warn me that I would feel pressure and it would be uncomfortable... but it friggin hurt!  But then again... soon I’ll be feeling the pains of labour... then I really will understand what “hurt” is... lol.  Back to my point... my OB said it was a bit soft but she didn’t think I would be having the girls within the next few days. 

I also had another apt to see her today (we see my OB every week now) and she wanted to give me an induction date.  Now I’m waiting for the hospital to call me and give me my date.  My OB said she wouldn’t make me go past 38 weeks preggos... but to tell u the truth... I don’t want to get to 38 weeks.  Why you ask?  Because I am super uncomfortable now!  During our pregnancy, we have been very lucky.  I have carried the girls pretty easily and we’ve been very healthy thus so far.  I never have been sick or vomited, not even during the first trimester.  Food wise... I’ve been able to eat everything... which is pretty sweet on my end!  I’ve continued to walk with brix and practice yoga in the mornings but the past month has been harder on me.  My carpal tunnel syndrome has been very bad... so bad it’s hard for me to open a bottle and even hold a pen and write a card (which is the reason why I haven’t written the thank you cards for my family and friends who have given us gifts @ our baby showers – but to all of you who have been very generous to us – thank u, thank u, thank u & your cards will arrive once my carpal tunnel has stopped).  I’ve been having sciatica pain as well but receiving prenatal massage & doing my yoga stretches have helped immensely.  And one major thing I’ve noticed the past 2 weeks is I’m not able to walk as quickly and I’m easily tired quicker... which sucks for me b/c I’m a busy-body and I don’t like sitting still (never did even when I was a kid).  With all these complaints... we are still very blessed and I thank our Lord and Saviour for keeping us healthy and happy. J

So... here we remain... waiting.  But I guess when we become parents... we end up “waiting” for our children.  From waiting for them to come home from their first date to waiting for them after hockey games to waiting for the day they leave the nest.  So I guess Jay & I better get use to “waiting”... even more since we’re raising twin girls especially when we’ll be waiting for both of them to come home from their dates.  But that’s another blog to write about... and Jay hopes that will be in 30 years... lol! J


No comments:

Post a Comment