Monday, July 25, 2011

Feeling and Seeing the Changes – from the Mama’s perspective

Change is coming... literally right around the corner.  We turn 34 weeks this Thursday... therefore our girls could be coming anytime now.  My goal has always been to get to 36 weeks which would be August 11th but I’ve been noticing that I’ve been changing... more so my body has been changing. 

I feel like my belly has dropped an inch the past few days...I can tell because when we went to church yesterday morning, the pew in front of us is now hitting my belly whereas the week before it wasn’t.  I walk slower now too... and I waddle... even though I try really hard not to.  Funny though I may walk slower but it doesn’t stop me from shopping with my mom & Edilyn @ Vaughn mills... lol.  I’ve been sweating and feeling extremely hot the past week too even @ night but all I can say is thank goodness we got the air conditioner this year... otherwise this Mama-to-be would have been a very unhappy woman.  Other changes are my feet & fingers are swelling quicker than before (even with me drinking 3 – 4 L of H2O a day) and I have been suffering from bilateral carpal tunnel the past few weeks... getting pretty bad I might add. L But even though i’m having all these complaints... I still feel extremely lucky to be carrying twin girls and remain J and healthy.

We’ve also started to nestle... but then again I think we’re just finally getting everything ready for them.  My hospital bag & their hospital bag are all packed up & ready to go.  The nursery is still under construction but thanks to the help of their Ninong Ron and Ninang Edilyn their room is painted – thanks again guys for all your help!  Jay will be putting their cribs together the next few days... and all of our baby showers have been thrown & we are partied out – thanks again to all our families & friends for all the generous presents you have given us for our baby girls... we really are very blessed to have supportive people like u in our lives!  Our house is filled with baby stuff... seriously though!  Our family room doesn’t look like a family room anymore... it looks like a flea market that sells only baby girl items... lol.  This can be especially seen in their clothing... I haven’t seen so much pink in my life... so I can imagine how it must look to Jay and Brix... hehehe. And with all of their clothes... comes a ton of laundry but that’s ok... I must admit I enjoyed doing it for them.  I especially enjoyed washing their new pottery barn sheets cause they’re so pretty!  Although I know it won’t matter to them that they have nicer bed sheets than Jay & I have on our bed.  J

I’ve been chatting with them the past 2 days also... telling the girls to stay in my belly so they can gain a bit more weight and so their lungs can be more developed.  I’ve even told them my belly is a much better than the world out here... its warmer & safer inside... plus once you’re out... that’s it... and most of us wish we could go back in J.  We’ve finally settled on their full names too... first & second names... and I might add we really like the names we’ve chosen for them... they’re different & unique but easy to remember... I just don’t want my side of the family to give them weird Filipino nick names like me & my cousins have.  That should die with our generation of cousins... our children shouldn’t suffer like we do.

Jay has been changing too.  He is more concerned for me... and calls me @ home to check up on me when he is @ work.  He still goes to hockey on Monday nights but has dropped doggy training the past 2 months to help prepare for the girls.  He still cycles to work when the weather is good... and cycles in the evening if he gets a chance to.  Jay has been reading more too... I bought him a new book called “Be Prepared” and it’s a how to book for first time Papas... but it has a MacGyver type of feel to it.  I got it for him because it’s pretty practical and it has some funny images.  Funny too cause last night he asked me if i knew how to use my breast pump... and I was like “No... i haven’t even opened it” and he said “Do you think we should open it and go through it?”.  I was like “Yeah... I guess  so”.  But all in all... he has been an awesome partner the past 8 months.

Someone who hasn’t changed at all is... our Brix.  Even now I don’t think he even realizes how big I am and how slow I’ve been getting around.  He has however noticed all the girly stuff accumulating in the family room since the playard with the twin bassinette is right beside his bed.  He especially noticed the double snap & go stroller yesterday morning when Jay took the stroller out with him for Brix’s mini walk to get him used to walking with a stroller.  Funny though cause 2 of our neighbours thought the girls were already born... Jay corrected them right away and said he was training Brix with the new stroller.

So that’s all for now.  Hopefully this won’t be my last blog... but it all depends when the girls come of course.  My goal now is to get to 35 weeks... so that’s next Thursday...  so please keep your fingers crossed for us that we make it to then!  Thank you again to everyone’s support the past few months... Jay and I really appreciate it... and we may be taking you up on those offers once the girls are here!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment