Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The 35th Week

The babies can come at anytime now.  We are getting close.  Within the next 2 weeks, these girls will "pop" out or else doc will light a fire and smoke 'em out.  The next U/S falls on the twins 35th week.  We are hoping they have reached 5 lbs. 

This long weekend we found ourselves getting the house in order, cleaning up our junk and making space for baby stuff.  Check out the mess below.    

Room full of junk.

We have also been working hard in getting the nursery room ready.  When I was a baby, we never had anything fancy so when my wife said, "I want to paint their room.....I want pottery barn crib sets....I want nice bookshelves for them...."  I said, "...and I want to be rich..."  C'mon....it's so unnecessary.  I don't want to paint.  That means I have to move all the furniture from their room to the next.  What's wrong with egg shell white? 

     
"What's wrong with eggshell white?"










Against a pregnant woman, I wasn't going to win any battles.  I soon found myself at Sherman Williams paint store. 

"I want Dancing Green!" Neilynne said as she held the colour sheet in her hand.  I gasped.
"Serious?  Doesn't that remind you of mucus and puke.  Can't we go lighter?"
"I want colour in this room and it isn't even dark.  Live a little will you?"

I lived to see how my old business room transformed into a green monster.  With the help of Ron, I braved the dangerous and lived on the edge.  We painted the room "Dancing Green!"


The Green Monster
After painting the room, it looked real green.  It was just green walls and nothing else. Neilynne came upstairs to check out the room.

"Babe, do you think we went too dark?"
"Somehow...I told you... just wouldn't be appropriate at this time."

But to be honest, the green wasn't bad.  When it is contrasted with the white, I thought it looked all right.  So we waited a day or two for the paint to dry before we began the room transformation.  The first thing to go into this new room was crib #1.



Neilynne preparing the crib sheet and bumper on crib #1

The first crib took an immense amount of space.  I had doubts the second crib wouldn't fit and there was not enough space to move around.  "I want a dresser for their clothes....."  Geez, how are we going to fit a dresser in there?  Eventually, we found a small dresser and it found a way into the room. 


Dresser finds a way into the room

Starting to look like a nursery
With a few more additions, the room honestly started to look more appealing.  We next added purple curtains.  That should ought to keep the sun out.

Ne is proud of her curtains.  Dino the dinosaur approves.
Finally, the second crib was assembled and placed into the same room.  The crib was not allowed to be placed near the window and so we had one option left.

Second crib on the far right wall.

More Pottery Barn crib stuff
"Make them bows pretty or else....."

The last item to get installed were the bookshelves.  The books that were gifts from our baby shower can now rest on them.  Here is pretty much the final product minus a few more of Ne's details.

Room looks better than ours

Save it for a rainy day
Thanks for the books


So honestly, it doesn't look too bad.  It is better than four walls of pink I say.  What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment