Sunday, April 17, 2011

What I gave up ...

Pregnancy is difficult.  A woman's body physically changes just as fast as her mood swings and cravings.  During pregnancy a woman gives up many things for the well being of the baby, alcohol, sashimi, her waist line and the list goes on to infinity.

What does the man have to give up during this time?  Well there are many things that we give up, but it would all be irrelevant in a woman's eye.  A friend of mine told me I should give up something because after all, she is carrying two.  I can't imagine myself carrying two nor can I imagine not be able to see my feet for awhile.  So from the goodness of my heart, I gave up something.

Since the beginning of pregnancy until ....who knows when....because the end date has not been established...I am giving up my beloved POTATO CHIPS.  Anyone who knows me, knows chips is my kryponite.  Salt and onion, jalepeno, sweet chili chips, I am giving it all up.  So when you throw baby showers for my wife or have a party, don't be throwing chips in my face and say...."Hey man, look what I'm allowed to eat! Sucker!  "I'm eating chips....I'm eating chips...you're not eating chips.....caused you did it to yourself...."

So far I have been chip-free for 20 weeks.  I have been surviving on nuts, sweets and beer.  It hasn't been as bad as I thought.  It was bad when my wife bought corn chips and ate it in front of me or left the bag out on plain sight.  That's just mean. Anyway, off to the baby show to immerse myself in the world of babies.

On a side note, thanks for the beer this week Ms. Glenny, I need it!      






  

No comments:

Post a Comment