Monday, April 18, 2011

I Survived the Baby Show!

Let's get the facts straight, I know nothing about raising kids, I never grew up with infant kids, and I never changed a diaper in my life.  I'm the whitest blank paper you have ever seen.  After attending the baby show, I'm surprised at how much I was able to learn and how much more questions I have now.

The baby show would have been heaven for people who have a fetish for pregnant women.  All the baby bumps, together, under one roof .  Or if you didn't know better, it could have been a baby stroller convention.  Aside from the expecting mothers, and strollers, I was bombarded by brand names never seen before.  Medela, similac, snuggle bugs to name a few.  We also picked up a lot of free samples and pamphlets seen below. When all the smoke had cleared, there were two things I found useful.



The first was learning about safety and infant car seats.  I was shown the proper way to install a rear facing one.  It was also pointed out to me the possible UAS connector locations in my car.  Finally we were given a DVD with additional safety information.  Very helpful I found.

The second is regarding cloth diapers.  Possibly more economical than disposable, and more ecofriendly, it really made us think.  I'm not going to debate cloth vs. disposable here but rather save it for a future article.

Before the days end, my wife reconnected with some old massage therapy classmates who were giving out complimentary massages.  After a well deserved massage for herself, we headed home but not before making a purchase...



Bouncey chair number two now.  We have one from the twins sale earlier this month, so we are set for bouncers...more to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment