Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

I like my life just the way it is right now.  I am my own boss (my wife thinks otherwise) and I can go do the things I want to do.  Men don't like change.  It is not embraced by us.  We don't want to be bothered, we don't want to be told what to do, we don't like to talk about problems!  We figure things out things on our own, and on our own time.  This is the calm before the storm as I call it.

You see, the men view it as a "storm".  The women view it as a joyous celebration but the men view it as a ball of fire.  It has to be attended to immediately or it will tear the place apart.   Every single man, who have kids of their own, have had basically the same reaction when I told them we were expecting twins.

"Me and my wife are expecting twins eh."
*pause*...then slow smile/ smirk starts to form on their face....
"Sh*t, good luck with that man.  I don't even know if I should congratulate you or not."
"You're in for the ride of your life....."

Then to be nice they try giving me advice like they were the experts.

"...You need to buy a ton of diapers...huggies are the best....just put them on....like this, then like this...and then tada, you're done."
"...Rent the breast pumps at Shoppers Drug Mart...they are good..."
"...After a couple months you'll be fine....

Never take advice from men who never really did the child raising on their own.  Women know way more on this subject.  Trust me.  If there is ever a time to listen to women, this is the the time.  I kid you not.

So this is the calm before the storm, where I still have somewhat control of the things I like to do.  After this, I become a servant to the babies....."as you wish baby A....right away baby B....can I go take a bath now baby A and B ....my apologies for over warming the milk...."  Arghhh,  and I don't get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment