Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Place Your Bets

In elementary school, I remember seeing a couple of twins in our school.  That must be cool I thought.  You don't need a mirror to see yourself, just look at your sibling and that's what you look like.

Then in Grade 6, I met a boy who said he had a twin.  I was like, cool where is he?  My twin sister is in the other class  he responded.  Twin sister? When I met his sister, I was like, she doesn't look like you, you can't be twins...but they were.

There are "true" twins and "false" twins.  True twins are the ones that are identical  and have the same DNA.  False twins, like the ones my wife and I are having, are just like any other sibling.  They may look similar, or very different. 

In the coming weeks, we may be determing the sex of the babies.  For the math geeks, we have a 1/2 chance of BG, 1/4 GG and 1/4 BB.  What do you folks think we'll be having?  Take to the polls on the right.

2 comments:

  1. So, do you want us to vote on what we think you will have, or what we WANT you to have LOL! "False Twins" are called fraternal twins (non-identical).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can vote any way you like!

    ReplyDelete