Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When the brick wall falls on you.

A couple of weeks have past since the initial news of my wife being pregnant.  Sometimes I drive alone in the car and forgetting she is pregnant.

I was in the car and heard an old Pink Floyd song....

"...all in all you're just another brick in the wall....."

Know that tune?  Well today, I did not feel like another brick in the wall.  Today was our first ultrasound at 9 weeks.  It's early for an U/S but that's the time that was booked.  I've never really seen an ultrasound before except for the ones on TV shows like Grey's Anatomy.  Afer today, I still didn't get the chance to see one.

"...no, your husband cannot come into the room because it's too early.  He can stay right here..."  The expression-less U/S tech commented. 

It's ok I thought.  All I would see was probably a pea sized thing in black and white.  So I waited....and waited....and waited for about 20 mins.  I wonder what is going on?  I hope everything is ok?

Not long after, the door swings open and I see my wife.  She smiles for a brief second, and then her eyes begin to swell with tears.  Well, she must be overjoyed because she just saw the baby on the screen for the first time.  Or maybe there is no baby after all and she just had a miscarriage.  Now I was getting worried.  She begins to cry a little more... and then even more... her mouth almost unable to speak. 

"We're having two...."
"What!?!?"
"There are two babies ...."

And then she hugs me.  The brick wall felt like it crushed me into a pancake....God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment