Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oh shoot....she's pregnant?

My story begins right after the New Years.  My wife and I weren't really "trying" to have a kid.  We always just said, when it happens, it will just happen.  That's when we'll know it's our time to become parents.  I guess it happened sooner than we thought....  

Jan 8, 2011

"Babe....I haven't gotten my period yet.", my wife wakes me up one Sunday morning.

My heart begins to race slightly....it's too early to tell if she is or not...

"How many days has it been?", I asked her.
"5 days.", she responds.

Now my head starts to get warm...she's usually like clockwork....

"Naw...you're not pregnant.  It's only 5 days.  Let's just wait 'till next week and see what happens", I it said with all the confidence in the world.

"Ok, but if I still don't get it....I'm taking THE TEST", she said and fell back to sleep.

Time rolls onwards....

Jan 15, 2011 Still No Period


Early morning while still in bed...


"I bought the CLEAR BLUE stick.  I have one chance to pee on this thing, and it's digital..."
"All right don't miss, that thing isn't cheap.  I'll stay in bed."  

I knew what it was going to say.....but can this really be true? I hear my wife in the washroom.  The test takes up to several minutes....


5secs later

"OH MY GOD!!!!", she screams.  I jump out of bed to see the image of what could be great joy or great stress...
.
My head and mind goes into confusion.  That can't be right.  It couldn't have happened this quickly.  All I didn't remember for some reason I could hear BIGGIE SMALLS...."...I love it when you call me big poppa...throw your hands in the air...if yuz a true playa...."

We were going to be parents....a lifetime job and committment...how are we going to do this?

Specs

No comments:

Post a Comment