Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Hate Christmas


Why I Hate Christmas.

I don’t hate Christmas, but some people do.  Maybe it's because  of a negative experience on Christmas or maybe your fear of receiving another ugly sweater.  Maybe that special someone didn't end up under the tree?  What does Christmas mean to you?  I was searching the net on why some hate Christmas so much.  There are forums dedicated to hating Christmas and songs of Christmas hate too.  Here are some stuff I found:

“Oh God damn I hate Christmas, I wish I had herpes.” - Karl Speegle

“You have to buy presents for everyone, including that bitch of a cousin who pushed you into a lake. Why the hell should I buy him that x-box 360 game he wanted? He pushed me into a lake, dammit!” - howlsatthemoon

“I hate Christmas because my heart is small.” www.cluelessincarolina.com

“I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included.”  - Bernard Manning

Other stuff I came across.

Santa baby bib


Santa plopping cherries?

I want a Millennium Falcon for Christmas





A Special Christmas

This year Christmas seems a lot different to me.  For one, where’s the snow? Where’s the minus 10 weather?  I’m dreaming for a white Christmas.  What do I got to do?  Paint the grass white?  Second, lots of life changes will occur in the New Year.  (Future posts to come).  Third, I get to spend Christmas with my amazing girls and it will be their first.

For me, Christmas is about being with family, who helped shape the person I am today.  It’s the family that I yelled at when things didn’t go my way, the one I butted heads with when my thinking differed than theirs.  It was my family that supported me when I wasn’t the nicest.  Christmas is about thanking our family.

Christmas is also about celebrating life.  A couple days ago, a friend of mine lost their brother to a sudden heart attack.  I could see the pain in his heart thru his eyes as he tried to run his business.  Christmas to me is supposed to be happy and yet, inevitably there is sadness.  This year I want to celebrate life, the birth of my twins, the fact that I am still here breathing, and the fact that my Mom, Dad, brother and Grandma are here to see the twins grow.  Christmas is about celebrating life.

Lastly, Christmas to me is about thanking Christ.  No matter how bad I think my situation is in life, He is there right beside me with a plan.  That’s faith, that’s what I believe in.  In this life, so many things can go wrong and I count my blessings.  When things get scary, or don’t go your way,  I either turn to psalms 23 to find answers or to this t-shirt I saw.

Jesus is my homeboy!

Christmas is about seeking Jesus.

So from I Parent Twins,  I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.  I promise to try posting more often but the twins take up so much time.  I also want to thank all my readers.  I started this site so family on the other side of the world can catch a glimpse of the twins and has since expanded to friends wanting to read more.  Take care all, have a Merry Christmas and happy New Year. 

Jason and family.









2 comments:

  1. Wow - they're getting so big - Congratulations guys - enjoy your first Christmas as an expanded famiy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam, thanks, we definitely will enjoy the xmas holiday. Happy holidays to your family and the 4 legged creatures as well.

    ReplyDelete