Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Feel You Babies

Neilynne reached the 27 week mark last week.  where did the time go?  You would think, with a little less than 2 months left, I would be guns blazing at getting my place ready for two babies....but on the contrary, I've been lazier than ever.  The only things I'm been working hard at, is trying to feel the babies kicking and moving.  At 27 weeks the babies are now weighing in close to 2 lbs.  Still small but there are two in there.

The first time I felt the babies, I put my hand on my wife's tummy...and waited...and waited...until I felt a small tingle.  "Is that gas?  It felt like little bubbles touching my hand," I asked.  "No, I think that was them," she replied.  We had no clue.  The more I tried feeling the babies, the less they wanted to move.  It was if they knew someone was watching them  It was not around 24 weeks when again, I placed my hand over my wife's tummy and waited....and waited....feeling disappointed, and then finally BANG!  My hand jerked like it had touched a hot plate ...naw.... I'm just exaggerating, but I definitely felt a jolt from somebody and it was a cool feeling. 

Now at 27 weeks, I can sometimes visually see the babies protruding from Neilynne's tummy. Almost reminds me of the maltesers commercial where the pregnant lady puts one on her tummy, and just before her partner reaches for it, the baby kicks it and it rolls off her belly.  They are getting bigger and we now know when the babies move the most now.  It's usually after a sugar rush, like ice cream, cherries or after a meal.  From the ultrasound, we also know that the babies are head down and the legs are up.  They like kicking Ne's ribs like it's some kind of harp.  Neilynne often says, "It feels like I have gold fish moving around my belly."  I'll take her word for it.

Now that some time has past, and we know we are having girls for sure, we still need to name the babies.  We have finally come to two names after long debates and a lot of, "no that sounds dumb, do you want people to think she's a boy,  and that's so over used..."  We have come up with two names that we think are interesting, that were not chosen from a book....that happened spontaneously almost.  One name chosen by Neilynne, one by me...but everyone will just have to wait because everyone will have an opinion about the name...." God, that's an awful name, what were they thinking? That's not how you spell it."  We like the names and it will be revealed to the world when we are ready.  What?  You think I was really going to tell you in this blog?  That wouldn't be fun.  In the meantime the girls, will just be known as "the girls". 

No comments:

Post a Comment