Saturday, May 21, 2011

Potato Chips vs Nachos

Earlier I agreed to give up something since my wife was pregnant because she had to give up her beloved sushi.  So I gave up my beloved chips as most of you know.  Well, I have been potato chip free since February!  That is a feat in itself, trust me.  There have been bags of potato chips at my in-laws, for weeks, that no one has touched yet. Everytime we visit, they are just out in the open.  C'mon, eat those things already!  Since I have been chip free, my salt tooth has somewhat changed to a sweet tooth now.  I find myself eating sweet things more like, chocolates, icecream, and cakes now which I never use to do.

A couple of weeks ago, while out with our friends, an arguement presented itself.  My wife, ordered a huge plate of nachos, which I couldn't have...or could I?  Are nachos considered chips?  Course all the guys were on my side...."no no...nachos are not chips....Jay can eat them.....go ahead...you deserve this man...."   My wife would argue they are the same.  I stuffed my face happily with nachos that night.  Did I break the rule?  Let's find out.

Potato Chip - A thin slice of potato fried in deep fat until crisp and then usually seasoned. Often used in the plural.

Nachos - A small, often triangular piece of tortilla topped with cheese or chili-pepper sauce and broiled.

What is a tortilla then? 

Tortilla - A thin disk of unleavened bread made from masa or wheat flour and baked on a hot surface

Ha!  So my statement does stand true.  I am chip free since February!  A potato chip is one that is fried in deep fat......while the tortilla is made of unleavened bread and baked!  No harm....no foul....order me up more nachos boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment