Thursday, March 24, 2011

The stroller to fit the need

I think we may have a stroller winner....   Ok, I agree Toys R US, Sears etc....wasn't the best place to look for strollers.  Hey rookie mistake right? So I went to Dearborn on Doncaster.  Customer service, way better!

So hear me out first before booing and throwing the stones.  With twins, some of the factors to think about include, size, tandem or side by side, cost, weight and style.  We are leaning towards Baby Trend's Twin Snap and Go.



If you've never seen one before, you might be like, "where are the seats?"  Well, this isn't exactly a conventional stroller.  It's a frame that allows you to put infant car seats on it.  This is definitely light because it's just a frame.  It costs approx. 100 bucks new but we could probably find a used one for even cheaper and in good condition.  This will also be able to fit thru doors and into the back of our trunk.  Honestly, I'm not sure how often we'll be transporting the babies in a stroller but I know we'll have them in their infant seats a lot in the beginning.  Transferring the infant car seat from the car to the stroller should be fairly easy and we don't have to wake them up.  The bad part is, the snap and go only lasts as long the infant car seat.  At that point, we can look for a "real" stroller when they are bigger and when we have some $$$ hopefully.

So why not start off with a conventional twin stroller right away?  I haven't seen one I really like yet.  That's from a design and engineering stand point.    Don't even mention Bugaboo Donkey unless they have a leasing option.  Stroll Air Duo seems to be the best one I like but so expensive at $899.  Most of the twin strollers can't accomodate two infant car seats side by side. Some can fit only one seat.  If they do fit two, they are at least 30" wide.  When folded, it is massive and heavy!  Some also need an extra bar just so the infant seats can fit and lock.  Each bar...50 bucks extra.  City Mini double might be another good one but I don't think it can convert to a travel system. 

Ugghhhh....it's confusing...trust me....but it's mainly because there isn't many twin strollers I can get my hands on.  Maybe at the Baby Show they'll have them?  I can't believe I'm talking all this baby stuff.   

No comments:

Post a Comment