Friday, February 11, 2011

Love you Corolla and Civic

Any of you parents out there try  to get a stroller into the trunk of a Corolla or Civic?  Maybe it's a question of what kind of stroller?  Maybe it's a question, do you see any new parents driving a sedan with their infant?  I'm sure lots do but have you seen the size of strollers?

Knowing nothing about strollers or babies, I found myself at Toys R Us, the baby section.  No one comes to help and no one even comes within 20 feet of the stroller area for me to ask.  They have many types of strollers, various designs and colours too....and they all look about the same size.  "Where are the twin strollers?"  I wondered. 

Turning the corner I see....4.  Graco something something...and Baby Trend something something.  I wasn't paying attention to the brand name, I just wanted to see how big they were.  "Holy shh...."  They are huge.  Wider than a shopping cart and way more expensive.  Let's see how this folds.   "Holy shh...."  After folding it down, it's still huge! "Crap, this isn't going to fit in the back of the trunk."

Let's see how a singleton stroller folds down and looks like.  "Damn!  Even a single stroller wouldn't be able to fit into my car.  Why didn't I take the van offered to me by Kuya Mark."

So I walk out of the store all depressed about how I have to look for a bigger car. 

"Well the bugaboo donkey is coming out this year and the frame folds and expands.  That will probably fit." My wife says after meeting up with her.  She also adds...."oh and it's $1600...plus I'm the one that's going to be using it more.  I want one that works for me."

"Are you @#$@# kidding me?  I will strap both babies to my body and carry them around....one in the front...one in the back!  We don't need a stroller."

But I digress...because I'll probably be so tired, I won't even be able to walk on my own two feet...but c'mon....$1600?  That's not including tax by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment