Friday, June 24, 2011

We're Running Out of Time!

Like Jack Bauer in 24, we are running out of time.  In less than 2 months, the tables will turn, the cycle of life flipped, and I will soon be promoted to Papa.   As the due date soon approaches, many have been asking, " Aren't you excited?  You must be, you're having twins!"  To be honest, not really.

Don't get me wrong, it will be the most exciting thing that has ever happened in my life but the months, weeks and days leading up to their birth, I feel nervous more than anything else.  "How can you not be excited?", people usually ask.  Probably because of the unexpected, the questions, will they be ok?.Only God knows.  Maybe I'm just saving it all for the first time I see them. That will be a kodak moment or maybe a Nikon one.

In the final 2 months, there seems to be a mountain of tasks to complete and the baby stuff just keeps on rolling in.  Last week we did a baby run to Buffalo and Pennsylvania.  We busted the bank.  We bought so much stuff even the border crossing officer gave us a "yeah right buddy" kind of look. "You bought how much stuff?  All baby clothes?  In 3 days?  Pull over to the side and show them this form to claim your tax."  Damn, 800 bucks of combined personal tax exemption wasn't even close to being enough.

Here are some final thoughts and images of a life being transformed....



clothes....clothes....clothes
...until they hit 16 yrs old
Toys from our cousin Kev.  Thanks.
  
Brix wondering what the hell this is. 
With a little help of friends....
...paws and feet ...
We need one more player...
      

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the pictures of the shoes... too cute! The only thing that I think babies have going for them is the adorable stuff you can buy.... otherwise I'll leave the parenting thing up to you two ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am expecting twins around the same time you are (end of August). However, I am expecting twin boys. I feel the same way you do when people comment "you must be so excited!" or "I am so excited that you are having twins!". My reply is usually "yeah, because you don't have to go through it." As a mother of 1 so far (I have a daughter who is 16 months old right now) I know what is coming, and I am terrified because it is going to be doubled! I just want to wish you good luck. And just remember, you WILL get through the first 3 months.

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete